THESE VIDEOS. It will be well worth your time! If you have questions, feel free to post them in the comments, and I will try to answer them in the best way that I can.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
I find many of Corrie's quotes to be so insightful of what it means to forgive even when great harm has been done, to truly trust in the Lord's goodness, and to live a Spirit-filled life. The following are some of her quotes that are my personal favorites:
* “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
* “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”
* “This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.”
* “If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest.”
* “Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.”
* “Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.”
* “Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.”
* “Dear Jesus...how foolish of me to have called for human help when You are here.”
* “When we are powerless to do a thing, it is a great joy that we can come and step inside the ability of Jesus.”
* “When I try, I fail. When I trust, He succeeds.”
* “Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness.”
* “There are no 'ifs' in God's Kingdom. His timing is perfect. His will is our hiding place. Lord Jesus, keep me in Your will! Don't let me go mad by poking about outside it.”
* “Today I know that such memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. I know that the experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do. ”
* “.....joy runs deeper than despair.”
* “Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear.”
Monday, May 28, 2012
Contemporary Christian music is a huge issue in today's churches. Many churches are leaving the old traditional hymns behind, and embracing Contemporary Christian music. David Cloud (Way of Life Ministries) has put together an excellent DVD entitled "Foreign Spirit of Contemporary Worship Music." It is a current video (March 2012) and is well-documented. This is an excellent resource for anyone wanting to know WHY Contemporary worship music has no place in a Christian's life.
HERE is the link for this DVD.
HERE is the link for this DVD.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Photo credit - photo taken by me on Sanibel Island
Here is love, vast as the ocean,
Lovingkindness as a flood,
Jesus, Prince of Life, is dying,
Life for us is in His blood.
O, what heart can e're forget Him?
Who can cease His praise to sing?
Boundless love, forever cherished
While the heav'ns with music ring.
On the mount of crucifixion,
Fountains opened deep and wide;
Through the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast and gracious tide.
Grace and love, like mighty rivers,
Poured incessant from above,
And Heav'n's peace and perfect justice
Kiss a guilty world in love.
Let me all Thy love accepting,
Love Thee, ever all my days;
Let me seek Thy kingdom only
And my life be to Thy praise;
Thou alone shalt be my glory,
Nothing in the world I see.
Thou hast cleansed and sanctified me,
Thou Thyself hast set me free.
In Thy truth Thou dost direct me
By Thy Spirit through Thy Word;
And Thy grace my need is meeting,
As I trust in Thee, my Lord.
Of Thy fullness Thou art pouring
Thy great love and power on me,
Without measure, full and boundless,
Drawing out my heart to Thee.
~ William Rees
This was a beautiful hymn used during the Welsh Revival of 1904.